*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Please read my disclaimer for additional details. Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
If you are even slightly inclined to read about budgeting and paying off debt, then you know who Dave Ramsey is. From filing for bankruptcy to accumulating a net worth of more than $55 million, his life is the kind of story that we all would imagine in a movie or a bestselling fictional book. However, he is a real person who showed the world that anyone can turn his/ her financial situation and come out as a winner.
Here are 19 greatest Dave Ramsey quotes about being debt free to inspire you and motivate you to make a better financial future for yourself and your loved ones. Read on to get inspired by the most sought-after financial advisor of the US.
- “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” Also “Live like no else today, so you can live like no else tomorrow.”
- “Act your wage.”
- “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.”
- “Pray like it all depends on God, but work like it all depends on you.”
- “Your decisions from today forward will affect not only your life, but also your entire legacy.”
- “For your own good, for the good of your family and your future, grow a backbone. When something is wrong, stand up and say it is wrong, and don’t back down.”
- “ You must walk to the beat of a different drummer. The same beat that the wealthy hear. If the beat sounds normal, evacuate the dance floor immediately! The goal is to not be normal, because as my radio listeners know, normal is broke.”
- “The thing I have discovered about working with personal finance is that the good news is that it is not rocket science. Personal finance is about 80 percent behavior. It is only about 20 percent head knowledge.”
- “I’m a Christian. Years ago, I went broke, so I decided to run every part of my life according to the Bible. It sounds hokey, but it works. You run your marriage that way, and it works. It will work with business, too, and finances. Treat people like you want to be treated.”
- “Debt is so ingrained into our culture that most Americans can’t even envision a car without a payment … a house without a mortgage … a student without a loan … and credit without a card. We’ve been sold debt with such repetition and with such fervor that most folks can’t conceive of what it would be like to have NO payments.”
- “If hard work, integrity, thrift, and perseverance have caused you to succeed, then you don’t owe anyone an apology for winning.”
- “Study the habits of the people you want to be like and then imitate them. If they are succeeding, they must be doing something right.”
- “Don’t buy things you can’t afford, with money you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like.”
- “What to do isn’t the problem; doing it is. Most of us know what to do, but we just don’t do it. If I can control the guy in the mirror, I can be skinny and rich.”
- “Wealth comes from hard work but not because of hard work. Wealth comes because of God. Everything is His.”
- “I’m not against people having new cars. I’m against them having you. We spend a tremendous amount impressing somebody at the stoplight who we’ll never meet. It makes you broke and keeps you broke.”
- “Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.”
- “Debt is normal! So why be normal?”
- “You have to reach the point that what people think is not your primary motivator. Reaching the goal is the motivator.”
These are just like the tip of an iceberg of Dave’s impeccable insights. If any of these inspire you, pin them to Pinterest, share to Facebook or just let me know in the comments which is your favorite!
Here are some more articles you may be interested in:
- 9 Money Savings Challenges You Should Try
- Getting Started with your First Budget
- How to Sign Up for Coupons by Email and Save Money